Sujet : Re: Zaxcom Maxx False Battery Readings
De : NMalogajski@gmail.com (Nikola)
Groupes : rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Date : 17. Jul 2019, 11:30:29
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6:27:54 PM UTC+2, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> <nmalogajski@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >Two days ago, i've ran out of battery during recording session on my Zaxcom=
> > Maxx. Battery icon was blinking red, and faders in post fade mode were jum=
> >ping and changing values. Never happened before, but also never ran out of =
> >battery before. As im sure that 2k+ location recorder has to be immune to t=
> >his kind of behavior just because battery ran out, i have tried to re insta=
> >l firmware, to reset the machine to its factory state etc. Nothing helped. =
> >Still getting 16.5V battery shown as 12.5V(constantly jumping from 12.5 up =
> >to 20+V) + low battery messages.
>
> 1. Are you using the internal NiMH battery or an external battery?
>
> 2. Did you actually check the voltage on the battery if you are using
>    an external one?
>
> 3. Did you try swapping out the internal battery if you are using it?
>
> This sounds like the sort of thing you get when a decoupling cap fails
> somewhere, or a battery fails in a bad way.  It's packed tightly inside
> that box.
>
> I think the battery indicator on the Maxx is real, and not a derived number
> like on units that use lithium batteries.  So if you are seeing weird voltages
> it is because there really is a weird voltage on the input to the battery
> indicator circuit.
> --scott
> --

I have two packs of Hawk Woods NP50. Bought new ones, new charger and so on and
so on.
Have few Fujitsu/Eneloop NiMH as internal when im not using ext bat.
Switched all combinations, all the batteries used to work great. This wasn't the
first time i made recording session using those bat. I doubt they all went bad
in 15mins time. Decoupling cap failure tho..

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.